Dan Webb - flight.js
JSConf US 201329 May 2013
aim: decouple components
- components have a simple contract with the outside world
- lets you refactor a bit at a time rather than having dependencies that mean refactoring is a large task
- make greater use of DOM |- object w/ reference to DOM node, can manipulate the DOM node, trigger/listen to events, etc
App = collection of components working in isolation
github: twitter/flight-jasmine - test components w/ jasmine
- not equivalent to frameworks like angular, etc
- doesn’t dictate architecture
This is a quick summary of a talk I attended at JSConf 2013. You can see a list of all those I've summarized notes from here. There's also a General thoughts during JSConf 2013 post for all the non-talk bits and pieces.
There were 3 concurrent tracks at the conference, so only those I attended myself are summarized here. Other attendees have summarized some of the talks I didn't get to due to scheduling conflicts - you can find those at jlongster.com (James Long) and Toby Ho's github repo.